Who We Are
Pine Lake Christian Camp (PLCC) has existed since 1943 – the result of four young adults with a vision. The camp includes 32 acres of lakefront, woodland and developed property. PLCC is a member of the Alberta Camping Association and as such complies with high standards of health and safety. There are summer camps for all ages – children, youth and families. Camps usually consist of recreation, music, crafts, teaching time, campfires and supervised free time, all in the context of positive Christian values. Recreation includes basketball, baseball, volleyball, soccer, swimming, canoeing, archery, obstacle course and other large group games. The camp works to take advantage of its natural setting making use of the lake and pathway system. All of this is available at an affordable price.
Our organizational identity:
Pine Lake Christian Camp is actually one member of a larger family. We serve The Churches of Christ and Christian Churches of Alberta. Camping has always been an important part of the ministry of the Churches. The first Alberta camp was held in 1928 at Bar Harbour on Buffalo Lake. Summer camps and retreats were held in many locations throughout Alberta until the leadership decided a more permanent location was required. Pine Lake Christian Camp came into existence in 1943 in its present location. In the beginning the accommodations and facilities were almost non-existent but over the years the camp has steadily grown. Many campers have met and accepted Jesus as their Saviour from their camping experience. Pine Lake Christian Camp is committed to sharing the good news that Jesus Christ is both Saviour and Lord. The Churches of Christ and Christian Churches are international Christian Churches. Their message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
Pine Lake Christian Camp, working in partnership, provides a camping environment in which people of all ages can begin and develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Salvation – We proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ in all our ministries.
- Holiness – We are shaped by the Bible and the example of Jesus through the presence and power of the Holy Spirit.
- Intimacy with God – We commune with God through worship and prayer.
- Compassion – We embody God’s love, reaching out to others and caring for them.
- Respect – We promote the dignity of all persons.
- Excellence – We are innovative and effective.
- Integrity – We are honest and trustworthy, accountable to God and each other.
- Relevance – We seek to understand and meet the needs of people in our communities.
- Cooperation – We encourage and foster teamwork and partnerships.
- Celebration – We are thankful to God for blessing Pine Lake Christian Camp.
Focus & Commitments
Pine Lake Christian Camp is a ministry of the Church of Christ and Christian Churches of Alberta, Canada. Thus, we hold tightly to the core mission and values described above. At the same time, we focus specifically on providing Christian camping experiences for our guests.
At Pine Lake Christian Camp, we seek to utilizeresidential and wilderness experiences and emphasize character and leadership development through strong relationships to promote the Biblical transformation of the people within our reach—youth, children, and families.
In the context of PLCC, and in light of our focus as described above, we hold the following key commitments:
- We are committed to authentic relationships as the foundation of an inclusive community.
- We are committed to facilitating transforming encounters with Jesus.
- We are committed to fun—for every camper and staff person, in all the good ways God intends.
- We are committed to challenge and growth of the whole person—physically, intellectually, socially, and spiritually.
- We are committed to showing the natural beauty of the created world.
- We are committed to physical and emotionalsafety.
Pine Lake Christian Camp is situated on 32 acres combining lake-front, woodlands and a developed recreational area. Overlooking Pine Lake is a large multi-purpose building which includes a kitchen and dining area, fireside room and an open meeting area. Capacity for the dining hall or meeting room is 130 people. Rustic and heated cabins are nestled among the trees surrounding a large open activity area. There are 120 beds available for summer use but only 48 available for winter use. Washrooms and showers are centrally located to the cabins. There are two campfire areas, groomed hiking trails, and various sports amenities including softball, volleyball, basketball, obstacle course, archery, canoeing, and swimming.